Get 22 Years of Music Industry Insider Information
in Just 2 Days...
How the business really works.
Strategies that make things
happen--without wasting years.
See how to write, produce,
and market hit songs.
Many ways to make a
solid living with your music.
Build a successful career in music, realize your dreams and get your music the recognition it deserves. Here’s information you won’t get anywhere else, including:
- New thinking on Music Career Paths that are just right for you.
- How to Get Your Music Heard by the Right People.
- The Psychology of Producing Hit Songs.
- How to tell if your music is really great.
- How good production makes all the difference -- hear “before” and “after” examples.
- New ideas on how to boost your earnings.
- Breakthrough: How others like you have made it.
- Fresh techniques for marketing your music.
- Learn how to influence label execs, managers, A&R reps, music attorneys, music supervisors and other industry players.
"This weekend will change your life!"
-Sonia Rao of The Voice
MEET YOUR MENTOR, JOE SOLO:
Joe Solo is the 20-year LA Record Producer who developed Macy Gray and many others, and is founder of the Music Success Workshop
“My goal in this Workshop," says Joe, “is for you to leave with an in-depth understanding of the Music Industry and how you can apply your unique creativity to your own music and life situation and then chart your own personal road map to success.”
“You’ll learn how to relate to, understand, and work with others so you’ll write better songs and have better recordings. You’ll learn the importance of good production. You’ll have a chance to hear your materials played with feedback from both the audience and me to enhance your creativity. I’ll give you EVERYTHING I can and I’ll answer all your questions.”
This is a WORKSHOP – not a seminar:
This is not someone speaking on a platform while you listen and take notes. Rather, it’s a cooperative event with Joe leading the charge. The schedule is flexible and tailored to audience needs. It’ll be fun and entertaining. Expect lots of audience involvement and conversations back and forth.
Bring your instrument. Bring your music on a CD, jump drive, or iPhone/iPad.
Music is interaction -- and this workshop is pure interaction, an experience you’ll never get from a lecture, an online webinar, or a book.
SONG EVALUATIONS – On The Spot:
Get your song played and evaluated
You’ll hear first hand where the strong spots are, how improvements could be made, and - even if it’s not your song - you will learn how to apply these techniques to your own music or lyrics. You’ll learn how to embrace audience feedback.
So bring your music on cd, jump drive, or even bring your favorite instrument and sing live! We have time for 30 songs, randomly selected.
This is one of the highlights of the Weekend Workshop because it not only helps everyone improve their music, it’s also a great way for Joe to discover new talent.
Special Guest Panel of Music Supervisors & Publishers, and other Industry Players
Joe leads a panel of special industry guests. Several Film & TV music supervisors and music publishers will be on hand to answer your questions and give you insights on how to win valuable placements, as will other players from around the music industry. This is a rare opportunity to gain access to the taste-makers and gate-keepers of getting your music to the world.
See below for VIP packages that include an exclusive dinner with Joe's panelists!
PART 1: It’s all about YOU:
- Get clarity on your goals.
- Understand and get the “Music Industry Mentality.”
- Your creativity – the prime force in your career.
- When do you need a mentor, attorney or manager, and how to choose them.
- Should I get a degree at a music school?
- Navigating a career in music with family stresses & work obligations.
- I’m a singer/songwriter - Should I start a band or go solo?
- Learn about dozens of different music industry vocations, including some you never knew existed . . . One may be just right for you.
- How to decide which role is the right one for you to pursue.
- How can I make a living in music if I’m not living in New York or LA?
- How to prevent wasting years doing the wrong things, going about it the wrong way.
Part 2 - Your MUSIC:
- On-the-spot song evaluations.
- Hear "before" and "after" versions of the same song to hear the difference great production can make.
- Learn songwriting techniques for universal appeal.
- How “ego shaping” gets you top performances.
- Learn to identify and expand your song’s “hooks” to lift the song’s popularity and money-making ability.
- The psychology of producing hit songs - including Human Tricks in the studio.
- Creative song pacing, orchestration, and arranging techniques.
- It’s not just about gear and technology, it’s about inspiration, creation and motivation.
Part 3 - Your FAN Base:
- Just 500 die hard fans and you can quit your day job.
- I have 5,000 Facebook friends. Do I still need to tour?
- How to grow your fan base. How to make your fans feel special.
- How do I get fans to buy or download my music?
- How often should I contact my fan base. The importance of an email list – how to work it properly.
- A large fan base or a record deal – which comes first?
Part 4 - YOU and the Music Industry:
- How do you find the right people and get them to hear your songs.
- Breaking in and navigating the industry.
- Your live act – and the necessity of being unique.
- Protecting your music - and why getting screwed can be a GOOD thing!
- How to find band members, co-writers and other collaborators.
- Your Business Team: Manager, Attorney and Publicist.
- How to get a record contract and publishing contract, and why you just might not care.
- How to get ongoing income streams by placing your music into: Film & TV, Commercials, Video Games, Film Score Libraries, and with other artists and bands.
- How To MAKE IT in music. The Joe Solo secret.
What this Workshop will NOT cover:
This is not a technical training session. We won’t cover how to operate mixers, digital delays, EQs, compressors and other equipment.
However, we will be discussing how to use technology creatively to invent new sounds and vibes.
Who should attend:
Singers, songwriters, bands, artists, producers, rappers, composers, engineers, managers, DJs, agents, record company personnel -- anyone who is serious about making a career in music.
If music is your life, and you want to move ahead faster - you need this Workshop.
If you are frustrated because you haven’t been able to get your music heard by industry executives - this Workshop is for you.
This is the only Joe Solo Music Success Workshop that will be held on the West Coast US until 2014.
Here's some clips from Joe's latest NAMM Convention Presentation "The Psychology of Producing Hit Songs."
Other speaking engagements include the ASCAP Expo; Billboard’s Film & TV Music Conference; Musician’s Institute; The National Association of Record Industry Professionals, and University of California Schools.
Choose Your Level of Commitment:
Level 1: General Admission
2 Day Weekend Workshop - All Day Saturday, All Day Sunday - Includes:
On-The-Spot Evaluation Of Your Song By Joe Solo -- 30 slots - Randomly Selected ($195 Value)
Panel of Music Supervisors & Publishers, Other industry guests -- Get answers to your questions from Industry Experts.
Free Entry for $3,500 Give-Away Drawings Software & Equipment -- From: Gibson, Akai, Guitar Center, Propellerhead, Presonus and others)
30 Min 1-on-1 Follow Up Phone Call With Joe Solo ($175 Value) -- Get answers to your most burning questions on career direction, getting to the next level, improving music quality, or have Joe evaluate your music.
Level 2: General Admission & Products
Includes All Previous Bonuses plus:
"The Psychology of Producing Hits Songs" 90 min. live video. ($75 Value) Discover the secrets seasoned producers use to create songs that become hits. Joe breaks it all down for you in this live, revealing presentation on the human elements that translate into the creation of hit music. He also tells entertaining behind-the-scenes stories and plays "before and after" examples of recording to illustrate his message.
"NAMM Show Songwriter/Producers Panel" - 90 min. live video ($75 Value) Live from USA's biggest music convention, The NAMM Show: Joe leads a panel of hit Songwriter/Producers as they share inside tips on their wide-ranging writing process, the marketing aspects of music, how production affects the perception of the song, and many other valuable insights you won't get anywhere else. Also hear audience members capitalize on this rare opportunity to pick the panelist's brains - their answers will help you further your own music career.
The panel of these accomplished industry taste-makers includes:
Joe Solo -- (Macy Gray, Fergie, Shiny Toy Guns, Erykah Badu)
Jacob Luttrell -- (Flo Rida, Enrique Iglesias, Justin Bieber, Ricky Martin)
Michele Vice-Maslin -- (Emmy winner, Ke$ia, Nick Carter )
Darrell Brown -- (Keith Urban, LeAnn Rimes, Rascal Flatts)
Steve Schnur - (Worldwide Executive In Charge of Music for Electronic Arts, Sarah McLachlan)
"Making Music Money" - 90 min. live video ($75 Value) Must viewing for every music professional who wants to maximize their music income. Joe also shows you how music publishing works, the pitfalls to avoid when collaborating with others, and shares with you insights about generating income while staying true to your music.
Joe Solo's 50 Best Music Success Tips eBook ($15 Value) Collection of Joe's Most Requested Tips -- all in one place. Each tip is short and to the point. They get you thinking, inspire, give you direction, and provide valuable insights to help you elevate your music and career.
Level 3: VIP
Includes All Previous Bonuses plus:
60 Minute Follow Up Phone Call or In-Person Coaching Session With Joe Solo - you choose! ($325 Value)**
Priority Seating - Get the best seats in the room!
Video of The Entire Workshop - so you won't have to take notes -- Let your other band members see and hear all the ideas from this Workshop ($95 Value)
Friday Night Private Networking Party hosted by Joe -The party will begin on Fri. Aug 9 at 8:00 pm and is a great place to meet and network with fellow attendees. You'll be emailed location information one week before the party.
Level 4: VIP Platinum (Limited Availability)
Includes All Previous Bonuses plus:
Exclusive Networking Dinner with Joe and 7 Music Supervisors / Music Publishers (Sat Night: Includes meal except alcohol)
"Super-boost" your career by joining us in an exclusive networking dinner Joe is hosting with these industry taste-makers, providing you a direct link to meeting the people who can get your music placed in film and TV!
2 hours of Follow Up Phone Calls or In-Person Coaching Sessions With Joe - you choose! ($650 Value)**
10% Discount on Music Production Services* Signup with Joe to give your song or album the "professional" sound needed to attract audiences and industry execs. (Value: $500 - $5000)
Level 5: Ultimate (Limited Availability)
Includes All Previous Bonuses plus:
Full Day In-Studio Session Musician Experience - On Monday, Aug. 12, 10am - 6pm Join Joe at a major LA recording studio to be part of a full day session musician recording experience with several of LA's top session musicians! Session players have played with Bruno Mars, Jason Mraz, Flo-Rida, Justin Tiberlake, Macy Gray, Foo Fighters, The Wallflowers, kd Lang, Enrique Iglesias, Rick Ruben, Dwight Yoakam, Erykah Badu, will i am, Madonna, Tina Marie, Sheryl Crow, and many, many others. Full details will be emailed to you a week before the Workshop.***
“I’m not sure this Workshop is right for me”
OUR 100% GUARANTEE FOR YOU:
If this event is not insanely helpful to you -- then we don’t want to keep your money. So here’s the deal:
If you are on the fence, enroll now anyway and attend the full Saturday morning session.
Then if you feel that the Workshop is not going to be worth the price you paid, just let us know before our Saturday lunch break and we’ll issue a full refund to your credit card on the spot ... but we will ask that you leave the premises immediately.
You don’t have to give us any reason; just tell us it’s not for you. Fair enough?
Where & When:
Los Angeles Workshop Dates:
Sat & Sun. Aug. 10 & 11, 2013
Intercontinental Hotel - Century City
2151 Avenue of Stars
Los Angeles, California 90067
Saturday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm with 1 hour lunch break.
Sunday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm with 1 hour lunch break.
You will receive full information on discount accommodations and other details after you register.
Questions? Call 800-269-6545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|General Admission||General Admission + Products||VIP||Platinum VIP (Limited Availability)||Ultimate (Limited Availability)|
On-The-Spot Evaluation Of Your Song - 30 Slots - Randomly Selected ($195 Value)
Panel of Music Supervisors & Publishers
Entry for $3,500 of Music Gear Give-Away Drawings
30 Min 1-on-1 Follow Up Phone Call With Joe Solo
The Psychology of Producing Hits Songs Video - 90 Mins.
NAMM Show Songwriter / Producer Panel Video - 90 Mins. ($75 Value)
Making Music Money Video - 90 Mins.
Joe Solo's 50 Best Music Success Tips eBook
60 Minute Follow Up Phone Call or In-Person Coaching Session with Joe
Video of The Entire Workshop - so you won't have to take notes! ($95 Value)
Private Kick-Off Party Hosted By Joe - Friday Night
Exclusive Networking Dinner with Joe and 7 Music Supervisors / Publishers (Sat Night - Includes Meal)
2 hours of Follow Up Phone Calls or In-Person Coaching Sessions with Joe ($650 Value)**
10% Discount on Music Production Services*
In-Studio Session Musician Experience - Monday at Major Hollywood Studio
Early-Bird Registration Bonus:
Register by May 31, 2013 and you'll recieve an invitation to attend a private networking party hosted by Joe. The party will begin on Fri. Aug 9 at 8:00 pm and is a great place to meet and network with fellow attendees. You'll be emailled location information one week before the party.
Special pricing available for groups of 3 to 20 people:
- call 800-269-6545 or email email@example.com
*Must be used within 6 months of workshop date
**You choose phone call or in person. In-Person coaching is at Joe's Los Angeles recording studio - Take places within 20 days after workshop
***Session players subject to change based on recording & touring schedules